Cancer Clinical Trials Disparity SummitMeeting
Cancer Clinical Trials Disparity Summit
Georgia CORE (In conjunction with GASCO)
no RSVP Date
The Georgia Center for Oncology Research and Education (Georgia CORE) and the Georgia Society of Clinical Oncology (GASCO) are co-hosting a LIVE one-day statewide summit for oncology professionals to discuss overcoming barriers to clinical trial participation. Health equity requires that underserved populations in rural areas or defined by patient race, ethnicity or financial status have access to the best treatment options. At this summit we will:
- Provide experts to discuss evidence-based interventions with additional data and context for the target patient groups
- Create interactive breakout groups with the participants and experts to explore real-world ideas with those working with the target populations
- Present the conclusions and possible solutions to increase diversity and reduce barriers to clinical trial participation in Georgia.
Please attend and make sure your experiences and perspectives are part of the solution.
- Date: September 30, 2022
- Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
Statewide discussion of how to overcome barriers to access in cancer clinical trials.
To share information and provide recommendations and action steps you can use tomorrow to recruit more diverse participation in Georgia-based clinical trials.
- Oncology providers (Physicians, PAs, NPs, etc.),
- Research Managers and Coordinators,
- Cancer Patient Navigators
The summit is currently in the planning stage. Please check back for registration information.
The information listed on this page is included in the printable flyer below.