Benefits of Membership
Why Join GASCO?
GASCO's mission is to provide advocacy for cancer patients and to promote standards of excellence for high-quality cancer care. As a GASCO member, you are connected to a network of colleagues with whom you can share expertise and discuss challenges. You gain representation on state and national policy issues, which ultimately can have an impact on your bottom line. You have access to quality information both in print and online.
GASCO is a multi-disciplinary hematology/oncology society integrating medical, radiation and surgical oncology physicians in community and institutional settings, fellows, pharmacists, advanced practice providers & administrative staff.
GASCO member dues are a minimal investment with a maximum return.
GASCO membership is open to community and institutional oncology specialists. Affiliate memberships available for other medical professionals working in the field of oncology including, but not limited to, physician assistants, nurse practitoners, registered nurses, scientists, researchers, pharmacists, clinical administrators, social workers, case workers, and dieticians & nutritionists. Administrator memberships are available for practice manager & administrators for GASCO physician members, and non-clinical personnel of GASCO practice manager/administrator members.
GASCO & the ACCC
The ACCC represents an extensive network of hospitals, private practices, and cancer care professionals nationwide.
GASCO has a Society Membership with the ACCC which provides free access to the following ACCC services for GASCO members:
- Subscription to bi-monthly Oncology issues. Print and online ACCCConnect e-newsletter;
- Digital Patient Assistance and Reimbursement Guide; and
- Discounts on ACCC national meetings: Fall National Oncology Conference, Spring ACCC Annual Meeting, and Cancer Center Business Summit.
Share Expertise and Discuss Challenges through Education & Collaboration
GASCO provides numerous educational opportunities for our members at low or no cost on clinical topics or on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their practices.
GASCO progams include:
- Multi-Day Membership Meeting: Brings together the reality of socio-economic issues, scientific advances, regulatory concerns and care delivery challenges as they apply to promoting high quality cancer care.
- Administrators Educational Program; A multi-day spring Administrators educational program and GASCO University Programs.
- Annual Best of SABC Symposium®: GASCO's annual Best of the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium® meeting.
- Grant Program for GASCO Members: GASCO offers a grant program for members who wish to pursue an education in hematology/oncology, quality improvement, or a patient outreach program in their community.
GASCO members receive:
- Email and fax alerts on meetings, commercial and public payor policy advocacy issues.
- Online tools to members on our website including an ASP calculator which can be downloaded and customized to monitor Medicare drug reimbursement from quarter to quarter, online meeting registration and archives on past educational presentations and materials.